23 September 2014

So we're out of the League Cup, are we?

Tough night, I guess, as we crash out of the League Cup in the third round for the second season in a row, having faced off against another Prem side and coming up short. At least this time through, it's to Southampton, whom I don't hate, but we're still out. On one hand, we might feel relieved. After all, we've removed a half-dozen matches from the list and can now focus on the Prem, Champions League, and FA Cup. Fewer matches, fewer injuries, less fatigue, and so on. That's not to be sniffed at. We fielded a mixed squad and got what we paid for. We can at least tease other clubs like Man U, who crashed out in the previous round to MK Dons (could we maybe recall Afobe?), Liverpool, who needed a total of 30 PKs to oust Championship side Middlesbrough, and Everton, who were dumped out by Swansea. Still, there's a part of me that wants to win each and every match, and I can't help but feel a bit miffed that we let this one slide. Ah, well. Upward and onward, I suppose. While you're here, I hope you'll take a minute to register your displeasure, disgust, or disinterest below...